QUBA CAFFE Coffee Beans RWANDA Muhondo 250g
- Freshly roasted coffee beans, single origin.
Rwanda Muhondo is a unique Single Origin coffee roasted in a traditional drum oven. It is characterized by a strong, perfectly balanced taste with notes of fruit, tea and medium body. Ideally suited to the filter coffee machine, as well as alternative methods such as Chemex, drip or Aeropress.
Muhondo CWS is a private coffee processing station located in the northern province of Rwanda. It started operating in full in 2013. It is small-scale but has had a huge impact on local communities by employing young people and women, contributing to the farmer's income and engaging the community through an initiated community project such as farm loans and clean water supplies.
Muhondo is committed to producing the highest quality coffee in Rwanda. Supports coffee producers by providing them with the best techniques. She works closely with 1,800 farmers, and about 40% of the farmers are women. Muhondo CWS has around 30,000 coffee trees and each fruit is picked by hand. Topographic and climatic conditions give their coffees a specific taste profile and uniqueness.
- Established: 2013
- Farmers: 1,800 of which 1,152 are women
- Cultivation area: 1,100 hectares
- Production capacity: 100 tons of cherries
- Certified by Cafe Practices
- 1. 2014 Rwanda CoE Winner and 3. 2015 Rwanda CoE Winner
- You love drip coffee.
- You prefer coffee with a strong fruity flavor while maintaining moderate acidity
- Your domain is testing new tastes and aromas.
- You are a South American coffee enthusiast.
We want your cup to contain the highest quality coffee, so to keep the beans fresh, we roast Single Origin coffees on Mondays and Thursdays. Orders placed by Monday (max. 9 o'clock) will be shipped on Tuesday, while orders placed before Thursday (max. 9 o'clock) will be shipped on Friday.
- Origin: Rwanda
- Coffee variety: Arabica Bourbon
- Harvest: 2019/2020
- Screen: 15 + / A1
- Process: fully washed, triple fermented
- Score: 86+
- Region of origin: Muhondo
- Altitude: 1700 - 2200 m above sea level;
- Smoking room: Poland
- Smoking: sure
- Ingredients: 100% Arabica
- Intensity: strong
- Acidity: strong
- Sweetness: average
- Bitterness: slight
- Body: medium
- Aroma: strong
- Caffeine content: low. Perceptible flavors: plum, smoked plum, earl gray, wild blueberries, tangerine, chocolate; sweet acidity, medium body, clean and balanced
- Northern Province
- Gakenke District, Muhondo Sector ·
- Type of soil: heavy to very heavy clay
- Rainfall range from 1300 to 1400 mm. ·
- Temperature range 17-18 degrees Celsius
- Mountain Natural Water Source
- Manual picking and sorting
- processing: washed · drying in full sun
- Filter coffee machine
- Cold Brew brewers
- other alternative brewing methods
You don't have a grinder? In the comments to the order, write how you brew your coffee - we will grind it especially for you, taking into account the brewing method.