QUBA CAFFE Coffee Beans RWANDA Rushashi 250g
- Freshly roasted coffee beans, single origin.
Rwanda Rushashi is a unique Single Origin coffee roasted in a traditional drum oven. It is characterized by a balanced, pure taste with notes of exotic fruit and hibiscus, and a pleasant aftertast.
Ideally suited to the filter coffee machine, as well as alternative methods such as Chemex, drip or Aeropress.
Rushashi is a coffee cooperative founded in 2004. It currently employs nearly 2,000 farmers. Women are mostly, they even formed a Rushashi female branch in 2008 called "Hinga Kawa", which means "to grow coffee" in Kinyarwanda (Rwanda's native language). The main name of the plantation is known as "Abakundakawa", which translates directly to "those who love coffee".
The cooperative is known for producing and processing very high-quality coffees in Bourbon-related varieties such as Red Bourbon, Jackson, Mbirizi and Pop 3303/21. The ripe cherries are harvested on the volcanic slopes of Rwanda's mountainous Gakenke district. The microclimate characteristic of the region, high elevations and rich soil contribute to the production of coffee with balanced sweet, floral and fruity notes in the cup.
The coffee from Abakundakawa has been highly praised in several cups of excellence in Rwanda. Rushashi as a cooperative builds local infrastructure and pays dividends to its members. Democratically elected leaders implement various social projects such as providing fresh water to the local hospital. Abakundakawa also provides health insurance to its members and works with an NGO to provide all its members with dairy cows, making progress towards improving food security in the region.
Information about the plantation
- Established: 2004
- Farmers: The initial number of 180 farmers has grown to almost 2,000.
- Increasing the role of women in social and business activities
- Cultivation area: 400 hectares
- The plantation is Fairtrade and Organic certified
For the love of little black coffee, Quba Caffe has been roasting coffee for almost ten years. In the process of creating unique mixtures, we use the knowledge and experience at the stage of selecting the raw material. We subject the carefully selected grain to the process of burning in a traditional drum furnace. The quality of our coffees is the responsibility of the bronze medalist of the Polish Roasting Championship 2020, i.e. Coffee Roasting. We strive to ensure that every customer can find something for themselves in our portfolio - from perfect blends for espresso to aromatic Arabica to transfer methods.
Available variants: 250g / 1000g
Is Rwanda Rushashi coffee for me?
- You love drip coffee.
- You like strong, fruity flavors.
- Your domain is testing new tastes and aromas.
- You are a South American coffee enthusiast.
Warning! When it was roasted❓
We want your cup to contain the highest quality coffee, so to keep the beans fresh, we roast Single Origin coffees on Mondays and Thursdays.
Orders placed by Monday (max. 9 o'clock) will be shipped on Tuesday, while orders placed before Thursday (max. 9 o'clock) will be shipped on Friday.
- Origin: Rwanda
- Coffee variety: Arabica Bourbon
- Harvest: 2019/2020
- Screen: 15 + / A1
- Process: fully washed, triple fermented
- Score: 86+
- Region of Origin: Rushashi
- Altitude: 1750 - 2200 m above sea level;
- Smoking room: Poland
- Smoking: sure
- Ingredients: 100% Arabica
- Intensity: strong
- Acidity: strong
- Sweetness: average
- Bitterness: slight
- Body: medium
- Aroma: strong
- Caffeine content: low
- Noticeable flavors: pomegranate, black currant, hibiscus, sweet acidity, balanced, clean, pleasant aftertaste
Area - Environment - Processing
- Northern Province
- Gakenke district, Muhondo sector
- Type of soil: heavy to very heavy clay
- Rainfall range from 1300 to 1400 mm.
- Temperature range 17-18 degrees Celsius
- Mountain natural water source
- Manual collection and sorting
- processing: washed
- drying in full sun
You will achieve the best taste by brewing your coffee in:
- Filter coffee machine
- Cold Brew brewers
- other alternative brewing methods
Need help choosing a coffee? Contact us - our advisers will help you choose your new favorite coffee! ☕
You don't have a grinder? In the comments to the order, write how you brew your coffee - we will grind it especially for you, taking into account the brewing method.