Rwanda Muhondo is a unique Single Origin coffee roasted in a traditional drum oven. It has a strong, well-balanced taste with fruit, tea and medium nuts.
Ideally suited to the filter overflow, as well as alternative methods such as Chemex, drip or Aeropress.
- Coffee variety: Arabica Bourbon
- Crop: 2019/2020
- Screen: 15+/A1
- PRocess: fully washed, triple fermented
- Score: 86+
- Region of origin: Muhondo
- Height: 1700 - 2200 m. n.p.m,
- Flavor profile: plum, smoked plum, earl grey, wild berries, mandarin, chocolate; sweet acidity, medium body, clean & balanced
- Roasting: light
- Intensity: 4/5
- Acidity: 4/5
- Body: 3/5
- Aroma: 4/5
Area - Environment - Processing
- Northern Province
- Gakenke District, Muhondo Sector
- Soil type: heavy to very heavy clay
- Precipitation range 1300 to 1400 mm.
- Temperature range 17-18 degrees Celsius
- Mountain natural spring water source
- Manual harvesting and sorting
- Washed processing
- Full sun drying
- Environmental protection: natural seepage
Muhondo CWS is a private Coffee Processing Station located Northern Province of Rwanda. The station started to be fully operative in 2013. The coffee washing station is on a small scale but had tremendously impacted the local communities through youth and women employments, contribution to farmer's income and community involvement through social project initiated such as farmer's loan and clean Water supply.
Muhondo is commited to produce the highest quality of coffee in Rwanda and empowering coffee growers by providing them with best practices. We acknowledge to be supported by Starbucks Farmers Support Center-Rwanda in agronomy, processing and quality knowhow to our operations. Coffee Washing Station work closely with 1800 farmers and around 40% farmers are women combined with the production from our own plantation of 30000 coffee producing trees and all are carefully picked by hand. The topography conditions that give a particular coffee profile and its uniqueness to it.
- Founded: 2013
- Farmers: 1800 of which 1152 are females
- Growing area: 1100 hs
- Processing capacity: 100 tons cherries
- Certified with Cafe Practises
- 1st Winner 2014 Rwanda CoE and 3rd Winner 2015 Rwanda CoE
|Dedicated way of preparing:|
alternative brewing methods,
QUBA CAFFE Coffee Beans BRASILIA Yellow Bourbon 250g
QUBA CAFFE Coffee Beans BRASILIA Yellow Bourbon 1kg